Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Obama Calls for Fathers to Step Up


All you "Baby Daddies" need to act right! We all know this, and its prevalent in the African American Community. But, Fathers, you all need to get yourselves together and diminish this horrible stereotype that has become the norm... Just as Obama will break the norm of Blacks never getting into office (Obama'08).
CNN reports that on Father's Day at the Apostolic Church of God in Chicago, Obama speaks out about his experiences growing up without a father. You know the story by now, Obama is multi-racial and his father, a native of Kenya, left him when he was 2 years old. Obama says that "I resolved many years ago that it was my obligation to break the cycle -- that if I could be anything in life, I would be a good father to my girls."
He also said something to the children that really stuck with me. I am not a child, nor am I in school (for this year anyway...) but in his own way Obama spoke about living in the Spirit of Excellence that God has given us. Yes, I'm taking you to church right quick.. we ALL must understand that mediocrity is not acceptable, and if we represent the God we speak about, then everything we do should be done in excellence. Obama presented this by saying:

"All B's? Is that the highest grade?" Obama said. "It's great that you can get a B, but you can get a better grade. It's great that you've got a job, but you can get a better job."

... Thanks President Obama (Obama '08), I'm off to look in the classifieds for a better job!

By the way... "spell check" still doesn't recognize Obama as a word.. they need to get it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...