Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beyonce's Costume Designs for Tour




"Sasha Warrior" as described by Thierry Mugler, is the theme for Beyonce's tour, which begins in Canada this weekend. Traditional Thierry aesthetics - futuristic, over-the-top accents, will bring to life the Fierce Diva portrayed by Beyonce on stage. I think we all know the following phrase, since Beyonce has been explaining it for years:
“Sasha Fierce is another aspect of BeyoncĂ©'s personality,” Mugler told WWD. “She is Fierce on stage and BeyoncĂ© in real life. I tried to understand these two sides with my own perception of both aspects.”
I hope he isn't just figuring this out...
Anyway, I hope that these costumes are translated well on stage, unlike the DSquared2 costumes for Britney's tour. The square Afro will be the showstopper.. I can almost guarantee it! Can't wait to see her at the Essence Music Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...