Friday, July 18, 2008

Fashion Trend Alert: Men's "Espadrille"



I am a man who loves shoes... like ridiculously loves shoes.. If I could work a video camera, I would do a mean R&B remix to Liam Sullivan's "Kelly Shoes" song.. But anyways, I don't think I can grasp the idea of wearing Espadrilles, or shoes that resemble. I was on Project Beltway, and she posted a story about "Amazing Race" contestant Blake Mycoskie who has created a line of shoes called "Toms." These aren't really espadrilles, but they are a close resemblance to them (but yes, they do have espadrille's for men now...)This isn't the first time I have seen these kicks, I mean they have been common over in Europe, and in Latin America, which is where Blake got his inspiration.


The issue with me is that they look like bedroom slippers, and I would think that I wouldn't feel safe wearing them. Let it be a rainy day, and I might as well walk out the house with no shoes on! If I had to run in the grass, I dont have that much protection from broken glass or rusty nails. The bigger issue is that I associate these shoes with women's style, and I don't get down with the whole "male style is a bit feminine" idea... Pink shirts and purple V necks is as far as I will go.

I can see where the fashion resides in them however. They are very hip, and I know I could pull off the look, but I might just stick to a nice pair of Drivers and call it a day.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    If you are a man than you love shoes, we can show you, spanish alpargatas for men, and I think you will love it, the web is www.espadrillesfromspain.com

    MEN & WOMEN OPTION!!! You should see it! I think

    That's very great!!
    From Spain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...