Thursday, August 28, 2008

Project Runway Episode 7: Recap

Due to the historic moments of this year's Democratic National Convention, I kinda needed to put all other shows aside and focus my attention to Obama's campaign. However, I was able to catch the runway portion of Project Runway, as this week's episode included guest judge Rachel Zoe. The contestants had to design an outfit using car parts. Here are my favorites:

Top 2:

Korto - Korto does a really good job in creating outfits with volume, but won't swallow you up. She created a woven coat dress using seat belts. Ridiculous! I would take someone out that had on an outfit like this. Very chic.



Leanne - I don't think this is wearable, but it is very creative. She used car seats to make this outfit... Very much "runway" but not as practical as Korto's outfit.

Bottom 2:

Terri - Normally Terri is one of my favorite designers, but I didn't like this outfit. Its too tight on the model, and it makes her head look HUGE!


Suede - The dress looks to flashy, and it doesn't go with the top. Creative usage of car parts, but not good enough to make me like it.

With that said, it was Keith who got eliminated for his outfit, which looked nothing like a car. His attitude was also immature, as he tried to blame his bland design due to the harsh criticism of the judges in previous weeks. Sorry Keith, you're in the fashion industry, and if you can't take the heat of judges on the show, how will you be able to survive once you have a clothing line, and people like me joke on it on our blogs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...