Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NY Fashion Week Fall 2009: Project Runway

With all the drama surrounding Project Runway's destiny, I wasn't sure whether they would be showing at Bryant Park, or how they planned on presenting the collections from the designers. Well, I was able to attend this show this year, and I have to say that the collections were AMAZING! Unlike last year, when 6 of the designers were able to show their collections, they only allow the top three to show at Bryant Park. Only this time, we were not allowed to see the designers, or know which collections belonged to whom. It didn't matter, and in fact, I am glad that I don't know because all I need to know is that the top three designers truly belong in the top three. After watching the show, I didn't have a clear winner and each of the designers had looks that I loved. Dramatic knits and leather crafts were evident among the designers, as well as elegant, well executed drapped gowns. My three favorite looks were the Camel hooded sweater, a fur hooded vest with high front pockets, and these graphite grey skinny pants with crostitch embroidery. If the show ever comes on, please pay attention to whomever likes to use leather and knits.. one of them will be the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...