Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cesar Galindo Auctions Collection for World Aids Day


To commenorate the 23rd Annual World Aids Day, designer Cesar Galindo partnered with non-profit organization I'm From Driftwood (http://www.iamfromdriftwood.com/), focused on collecting and sharing LGBTQ stories from all walks of life, to spotlight his capsule collection, Rojo, which will be auctioned off at the World AIDS Day Luncheon, co-chaired by Galindo himself on December 1, 2011.

Galindo says “I was thrilled when I’m From Driftwood contacted me to share my story about the impact AIDS has had upon my life and our community and the world. I am so proud of the dresses I created, each one a unique piece, but at the end of the day it is truly about the cause and reminding everyone that the fight is not over.”

Nathan Manske, founder of I’m From Driftwood, agreed and said, “At I'm From Driftwood, we've shared stories through writing, audio and even theater. When we heard that Cesar had told a story by designing dresses, we knew we had to capture his story on film and share it with others. He's literally wrapping women with memories of his loved ones to make sure they're never forgotten. He's truly an inspiring man and designer.”

Raised in Houston, Texas, Galindo had lost over 100 friends to AIDS by the time he was 18. The Rojo collection, each piece a unique and gorgeous couture creation, honors and raises awareness of all of the people felled by this disease. Returning to his roots, he designed Rojo with the Texas woman in mind. The video below gives you an inside view of Galindo's experiences, and displays the true inspriation and art of his Rojo collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...