Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama Fashion: Democratic Convention Speech



The Democratic Convention started last night, and featured some very memorable speeches from Jesse Jackson, Jr. and Ted Kennedy. The woman of the night, however, was First Lady (Obama '08) Michelle Obama. I posted her speech in its entirety below, in case you weren't able to experience how a speech is supposed to be executed. The whole speech was touching and amazing, but the phrase that stuck with me is "You word is your bond" Now, watch the media take that and say that Michelle and Barack are rappers.. I mean between the first bump and saying "Word is bond, son" I guess they could have a rap album... (sarcasm). In any event, the general evaluation of Michelle's speech is that she was "presidential in nature" and represented her husband very well. I'm sure you can go to CNN for a full review of the speech, but here at the Ave. we will get right to the Fashion...









The Fashion: Michelle Obama wore a three quarter length sleeve turquoise dress made by Chicago's Maria Pinto, the same designer of the famous purple dress worn the night Barack Obama clinched the nomination. Last night's body-fitting dress was made of wool, and was accessorized with a star brooch. I wasn't a fan of the brooch because it took away from the simple silhouette of the dress. Maybe if the brooch was moved off center - closer to the shoulder, it would have had a better effect.

I was very pleased with her hair. It was the best it has ever looked! You can see how much body and movement it had with the live video.. I don't think a photo would have done it justice.


In summary, Michelle looked the part of a modern woman who is ready to take office as The First Lady. I'm so glad that she continues to opt out of wearing tweed suits, and old librarian shoes. Though I didn't like the brooch, Michelle Obama looked very polished... again, that's the most important aspect of fashion, looking polished! I can't wait to see what she wears during the DNC for the rest of the week... I think she would look really good in a tuxedo dress, like the ones I posted on my blog last week

1 comment:

  1. I loved the brooch and would like to know who the designer is. anyone know?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...