Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Avenue Analysis: Irina Shabayeva Spring 2011


To mark the beginning of New York Fashion Week, I attended my first show of the season, and I can truly say that the first impression will leave a lasting impression. The Irina Shabayeva presentation at The Griffon was a romantic, whimsical backdrop to the dramatic, breathtaking looks of the collection. Shabayeva, winner of the sixth season of Project Runway, influenced by fairies and nymphs that inhabit the woods, created a collection of dresses for every type of occasion. From cocktail hour to tying the knot, there was a dress for every woman.

A floral theme was present throughout the collection, as many of the looks incorporated flower buds and rose prints.
I also loved the drama of each look; here are some shots that I took that really depict the dramatic details of Shabayeva's looks;


Here is Irina Shabayeva with my favorite look; a champagne satin organza gown with crystal embellished waist.
Photos: Quentin Washington

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...